Potato and Sausage Bake Recipe
This is a quick and easy recipe for a filling and hearty meal. Need some comfort food? This is definitely the recipe for you. Little ingredients, some preparation, but all you have to do is stick it in the over and then you’ve got yourself a nice meal! What’s great also is that you can add more of the ingredients depending on your taste!
What you’ll need:
1 large onion, sliced
6 large carrots, cut in chunks (or equal amount in baby carrots)
7 medium potatoes, cut in quarters (or small chunks)
6 Italian sausages (mild or spicy), cut in 1 inch slices
For the sauce (mix together):
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup of red wine (or more if you’d like)
1 tsp of salt
2 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1. Prepare vegetables and sauce mix.
2. Turn oven on to 400°F
3. Spray pan with Pam
4. Combine carrots, potatoes, onions and sauce mix. Mix well.
5. Place pan in oven and cook for 30 minutes uncovered.
6. After 30 minutes, add the sausage, mix well and cook for another 30 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Tips on preparing the Potato and Sausage Bake
- Freezing the sausage a bit first will help with cutting them into 1 inch slices later on.
- Keep an eye on the bake after putting in the sausages. Some ovens will cook faster than others (although I do prefer the bake to be a bit “extra crispy”).
- Watch the carrots, they take a little longer to cook depending on how you cut them.